Episode sponsored by NordVPN, go to https://NordVPN.com/notabene
and use the code NOTABENE to get 70% discount over 3 years of subscription. It is important to protect yourself on the internet!
When I was a kid I don't know you, but I wanted to be this guy who would manage, against all odds, to remove the sword from the rock. Admit, we all dreamed of finding a legendary sword, something badass like Excalibur, Durendal or Narsil!
Thanks to William Blanc for preparing the show.
Editing by Dead Will: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtLk...
Illustration of Turin and Niénor (timecode of 123):http://www.angrenost.cz/
Sources at the end of the description.
This description contains Amazon affiliate links. By clicking on it, I may receive a commission on your purchases.
You can buy my books by following the links:
- "The worst battles in History", Book by Tallandier editions: https://amzn.to/2OyiY32
- Note Bene, Tome 1 "little stories big destinies" (BD with Sun editions): https://amzn.to/2CESyVh
- Nota Bene, Tome 2 "To the rescue of History" (BD with Sun editions): https://amzn.to/2Bkbszu
To chat with the community:
To share musical moments together:
· Martin Aurell, “The sword, the altar and the stoop. Theocracy and Arthurian legend (12th-13th centuries) ”, in Weapons and military games (12th-15th centuries), Paris, Classiques Garnier, 2016, pp. 37-64.
· William Blanc, Le Roi Arthur, a contemporary myth, Paris, Libertalia, 2016 [LINK: http://www.editionslibertalia.com/cat...
· William Blanc, Winter is coming, a brief political history of fantasy, Paris, Libertalia, 2019 [LINK: http://www.editionslibertalia.com/cat...
· William Blanc, lectures at the Morges Castle exhibition (Switzerland): "Weapons and armor in imaginary worlds", May 2018. [LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akHJ4...
· Joël H. Grisward, "The motif of the sword thrown into the lake: the death of Artur and the death of Batradz", in, Romania, n ° 359, 1969. pp. 289-340. [LINK: www.persee.fr/doc/roma_0035-8029_1969_num_90_359_2702]
Constantin Mihailovic, Memoirs of a Janissary, Toulouse, Anacharsis, 2019 [LINK: http://www.editions-anacharsis.com/Me...
· Patrick Moran, "The swords of King Arthur", Questes, n ° 11, 2007, p. 26-35 [LINK http://journals.openedition.org/quest...
· The sword. Uses, myths and symbols, Paris, RMN, 2011, catalog of the exhibition dedicated to the sword organized in 2011 by the Cluny museum.
· “Star Wars Featurette: The Birth of the Lightsaber” (LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIefj...